Tuesday, May 07, 2024

All eyes on Rafah

 I have again written to my MP, who is a member of the Canada Israel Parliamentary Group. This is not the first time that I have written to her, but perhaps her membership of this group is why I didn’t get a reply previously.


Dear Ms Bradford 

I see from the news that Israel has rejected a ceasefire agreement. I also see that many people in Israel are desperate for this genocidal war to end and for the remaining hostages to be freed.

I note from your profile on the ourcommons.ca website that you are a member of the Canada-Israel Interparliamentary Group.

Surely even supporters of Israel can see that this genocide has gone too far: 34,000 Gazans killed, 14,000 of whom were children. Even the USA is seeking to prevent Israel from bombing Rafah.

The people in Rafah have been told to go to Khan Younis. That’s almost impossible because the roads and infrastructure in Khan Younis were bombed and destroyed. There is nowhere for the starving, desperate people in Rafah to go. Egypt has closed the border. If Israel goes ahead with the bombing of Rafah, it will be a bloodbath (the UN has said this).

Please exert whatever influence you and the CAIL committee may have to call for a permanent ceasefire and for Israel to allow aid to enter the Gaza Strip to prevent further starvation and famine.

Yours sincerely 

Yvonne Aburrow

No comments: