Sunday, March 14, 2010

religion for cats

I have just seen a photo of a "my cat is an atheist" T-shirt on Facebook, taken at the atheist convention in Melbourne. I commented that one of my cats is a pantherist, the other is a worshipper of Ceiling Cat (well she spends a lot of time lying on the floor staring at the ceiling). She also liked to sit on the back of my broom - I think she was hoping it would fly.

So, I give you: religion for cats.

Pantherism: the belief that the ideal state is to be a panther or other large predatory cat.

Pollytheism: the worship of parrots as sacred food.

Minnowtheism: the worship of fish as sacred food.

Belief in Ceiling Cat: Transcendent monotheism.

Belief in Basement Cat: the feline equivalent of satanism.

Hedonism: the natural default religion of all cats.

Cat-o-lick: belief that cats are deities and should be worshipped.

2 comments:

Makarios said...

And then there's always The Tao of Meow.

http://www.amazon.ca/Tao-Meow-Waldo-Japussy/dp/0898048001

Morgan said...

Oh, my gosh. Yes, yes, yes.

(I would read this to Their Royal Meowjesties, but, well, they'd be unimpressed. =^..^= )